Meeting between MUC Garden coordinators (Pippa and Jess) and Enviro Collective officers (Anisa and Zac)
MUC GARDEN MEETING MINUTES
Tessa and Pippa
what to get done in the holidays
clean up the shed, will need: plastic bags, broom, paper and pen, shelves
other things we need: tights, gloves, onion and orange nets
set up an instagram account
plant beans under corn next working bee
box for carbon (carboard, shredded paper etc) next to compost to hopefully keep it in better order
Plan O week event: homemade cider, make salads from our harvest, have brochure of dates ready to hand out, asphalt art
Pippa to talk to Andrew about asphalt art
Pippa to make events for summer working bees
Need to get in touch with Sully re budget for next year.
Tessa to do blog for today
planning session for o week. maybe in Jan?
Ideas for next year
To see the minutes in google docs, click here.
MUC GARDEN MEETING MINUTES - Garden facilitator role
Jack, Tash, Jess, Tessa, Leila Here, Pippa
how to employ
Could be casual, contracted (like the gardener that Andrew was getting in) or part time.
Casual is probably the best option but will see what the sustainability department say
three hours per week on average. Will be more during semester and less in holidays. encumbent to keep a record of time in lieu.
Also, should come to 75% of working bees (as a volunteer).
The role should be limited to 6 months to allow many people to have a chance at doing the role. However, people can re-apply after one ‘term’.
good to have a handover period of a month
how to select facilitator
whether we should advertise or keep it among the group. If we did advertise, those from within the group would be looked upon more favourably.
will advertise a little bit
if there are many applicants, will find a way to make a shortlist. Perhaps the people on the shortlist (or everyone interested?) can have a three minute presentation in a metting and then we go to anonymous vote.
roles of facilitator
explained to leila what the coordinator role entailed:
a certain amount of commitment and helping with the fb page.
Leila to be a coordinator!
progress and feedback on role
the facilitator needs to be able to discuss with the coordinators how the role is going and if they are having any problems
facilitator to check in with the coordinators every second meeting.
who to do it first?
Pippa to be first facilitator
working bee captains
Pippa said that she feels the pressure to not pull out of working bees whereas other people can. discussed taking it in turns to be the person who HAS to come to the working bee
will allocate a co-ordinator captain for every working bee, they are expected to be there for the whole time and they get to wear the captain’s hat (a sombrero?)
next working bees
Jack cannot commit to anything
-tues 7/10, captain: Jess - seeds and meeting
-fri 17/10, captain: Pippa and Tessa - Insect hotel
-tues 21/10, captain: Leila
- Fri 31/10 captain: Pippa, meeting
-Tue 4/11, captain: Tessa
-Fri 14/11, captain: Tash - cake(?)
To see the minutes in google dirve
MUC GARDEN MINUTES
Present: Jack, Tessa, Matt, Lotus, Pippa, Jess
Working bees -5
- Friday works for most people, not great for Jack
- Make both working bees the same time - 3.30-5pm
- Rotate meetings? Could get confusing but more people could go. Decision - Meeting every 3 weeks so different people can come
- Tessa to update calendar
- Next working bee – Tessa to make FB event
Budget - 5
- Jack met with Enviro officers – they didn’t come to meeting
- No extra funding from Enviro officers
- Officers agreed paying 2 hours per week at $20/hour for garden facilitator for rest of semester
- Should report back early next week
- Need to spend rest of budget – mostly on party
- Don’t want to spend money too late in case not reimbursed
- Other things to potentially spend money on – multi-use permanent trellises, Matt to install and paint decorative pole (part of artwork would include everyone’s handprint), shelving in shed (Jack to ask Jim about this), seating (discuss with Andrew? In original plan but never eventuated, so uni may pay), insect hotel, bird house
- Pole – needs to be further discussed at future meeting. Matt to follow up before next meeting.
- Lattice gate for half of front of compost – contact Andrew (landscaper) – Pippa and Matt to contact
Name – 5
- Jack to photoshop sign to MUC Garden
- Easier to change logo than to change FB, website etc.
- Pippa to email files to Jack
Party - 10
- Jack would like to do music but can’t over-commit – will contact musicians re. performing but can’t do anything else
- Don’t worry about shelter – hopefully won’t rain!!
- Food – pot luck or ask food co-op to cater? Dips + veggie sticks
- Alcohol – do we need an RSA? Tessa and Jess to make punch
- 4pm start
- Promotion – FB and posters – ask art department, Jess to ask MUC Farm to promote, lecture bashes, Pippa to ask to Tash to contact art department, Pippa to make FB event